1.4.0: Release Notes
Regressions and automation using Jobs
The 1.4.0 release brings the Jobs feature set to streamline the regression workflow, providing a hassle-free and cost-effective solution for simulations on the DSim Cloud Platform.
With Jobs, you can define multiple commands and desired outputs using a simple job definition file. The DSim Cloud Platform takes care of managing compute resources, executing the commands, gathering the outputs for download.
The key differences between regression and interactive workspaces in the DSim Cloud Platform are as follows:
- Regression pricing is based on command execution time, resulting in significant cost savings.
- Regression tasks do not require workspace management, eliminating the need to initialize or destroy individual workspaces.
- Multiple regression jobs can be submitted concurrently, enabling efficient execution and output collection.
For a quick look at the new Jobs features and a sample job file, take a look at the Regression Tutorial where three simulations are carried out with a single
job submit command, and all log and wave files are available for download and viewing.
CLI Update Required: These new features require an updated DSim Cloud CLI Tool (mdc). Install mdc to ensure you are on version 1.4.0 or newer. Install commands can be found on the Web Portal home.
Below is the complete list of features and bugs contained within the release.
The DSim Cloud 1.4.0 release contains the following highlights:
- New job submit command
- New job status command
- New job download command to download artifacts from a job
- Improved support for larger code bases.
- New job log command to view output from jobs
- Default DSim version is now 20230515.0.0
- 6 Features Included
- 2 Bugs fixed
- 1 MEDIUM Severity
- 1 LOW Severity
|S885||New job submit command.||CLI Update|
|S888||New job status command.||CLI Update|
|S919||New job download command to download artifacts from a job.||CLI Update|
|S950||Improved support for larger code bases.||CLI Update|
|S963||New job log command to view output from jobs.||CLI Update|
|S974||Default DSIM version is now 20230515.0.0||Initialize|
Bug Fixes Included:
|B469||When a user enters an incorrect verification code during the password reset flow and clicks continue several times, a System Error was triggered.||LOW||CLI Update|
|B756||The trial notification in the web portal had a delay in reflecting the amount of credits available for newly signed up users.||MEDIUM||Immediate|
* To obtain a new feature/fix, one or more user actions may be required. See the below table for a legend providing details on the various "availability" values.
|Availability||User Action(s) Needed|
|Immediate||Nothing is needed from the user. Feature/fix will be seen immediately.|
|CLI Update||Users must install the latest version of the DSim Cloud CLI (mdc)|
|Resume||Users must pause existing workspaces and then resume|
|Initialize||Users must destroy existing workspaces and initialize|