This release brings a simple way to generate many simulation runs with a varying input value such as seed value. A new
fanout property has been introduced on tasks in the job file. Define this and DSim Cloud will generate (i.e fanout) multiple tasks, each with a unique variable value. See a brief example of this in action here.
Below is the complete list of features and bugs contained within the release.
The DSim Cloud 1.9.0 release contains the following highlights:
- Task fanout. Scale out simulations with a single task definition.
- mdc job download can now download all artifacts for a job in one command.
- Limit of 25 task definitions per job. See fanout for tasks at scale.
- Default DSIM version is now 20230925.10.0
- 4 Features Included
- 6 Bugs fixed
- 1 HIGH Severity
- 4 MEDIUM Severity
|Task fanout. Scale out simulations with a single task definition.
|mdc job download can now download all artifacts for a job in one command.
|Limit of 25 task definitions per job. See fanout for tasks at scale.
|Default DSIM version is now 20230925.10.0
Bug Fixes Included:
|Incorrect state output for a specific type of job error.
|Sync issue with local git repositories that contain .gitignore files.
|mdc job status watch would exist on an api call failure instead of continuing to check status.
|Syncing of larger workspaces on Windows failed in some circumstances.
|Error message wasn't clear when the work_dir for a job wasn't found at runtime.
|No release note specified
* To obtain a new feature/fix, one or more user actions may be required. See the below table for a legend providing details on the various "availability" values.
|User Action(s) Needed
|Nothing is needed from the user. Feature/fix will be seen immediately.
|Users must install the latest version of the DSim Cloud CLI (mdc)
|Users must pause existing workspaces and then resume
|Users must destroy existing workspaces and initialize