After installing the DSim Cloud CLI, Windows may not recognize DSim Cloud commands, with messages like the following when DSim Cloud commands are attempted:
Program 'mdc.exe' failed to run: Operation did not complete successfully
because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software
mdc : The term 'mdc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,
function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name,
or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
There are several possible solutions, depending on the cause.
If the DSim Cloud install directory is not in your Windows User Path, add it. See Installing DSim Cloud on Windows.
If Windows is blocking DSim Cloud commands, add mdc.exe to the Windows Security Exclusion list and reinstall DSim Cloud CLI:
1. Type "security" in the Windows Search Box and click the Windows Security App.
2. Click Virus & threat protection.
3. Under Virus & threat protection settings, click Manage settings.
4. Scroll down to Exclusions and click Add or remove exclusions.
5. Allow Windows Security to make changes to your device if necessary.
6. Click Add an exclusion.
7. Select File, navigate to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\metrics\mdc.exe, and click Open.
8. Close Windows Security.
Windows blocks DSim Cloud because it deems mdc.exe as a security threat.