How To: Set up Xilinx Vivado Precompiled Libraries in DSim Cloud
DSim Cloud comes with the Xilinx Vivado standard libraries, both Verilog and VHDL, precompiled. The following are the precompiled standard libraries:
To use the Vivado precompiled libraries in your DSim simulations, you need to map them as follows:
1. Within an initialized DSim Cloud workspace, modify and save the configuration file mdc_config.yml for the appropriate VHDL library. To see how to change your mdc_config.yml, see DSim Cloud Configuration.
2a. To map the Vivado libraries with the VHDL IEEE-1993 library, uncomment the entry for the Vivado package in your mdc_config.yml:
- name: vivado version: "2022.1"
2b. To map the Vivado libraries with the VHDL IEEE-2008 library, change the version field of the IEEE library to "08" and uncomment the entry for the Vivado package in your mdc_config.yml:
- name: ieee version: "08" - name: vivado version: "2022.1"
3. For every Verilog library component required in your design, ensure to add it to your DSim command:
dsim -L <lib_ver>
mdc dsim -a '-F filelist.txt -L simprims_ver -L unisims_ver -L xpm +acc+b -waves waves.mxd'
To see what libraries are mapped in your work directory, enter:
mdc dlib -a 'ls'
To see the components inside a particular library, like mylib, enter:
mdc dlib -a 'ls -lib mylib'
You can try out the above Procedure with a provided example design as follows:
1. Download example_vivado-main.zip.
2. Extract the contents of this file into a folder called example_vivado-main.
3. Open a terminal window and navigate to example_vivado-main:
4. Initialize a DSim Cloud workspace:
5. Navigate to SystemVerilog/sim:
6. Compile and run the simulation:
mdc dsim -a '-F filelist.txt -L unisims_ver +acc+b -waves waves.mxd'
To get a better understanding of how to use DSim Cloud for mixed language simulations, open readme.txt under the /sim folder of the appropriate language (SystemVerilog / VHDL / VHDL_SystemVerilog).